coalvalleynews.com

One firefighter sent to hospital after house fire in Quinland

Fred Pace, EDITOR

11 months 27 days 18 hours ago |266 Views | | | Email | Print

QUINLAND -- Crews from several fire departments responded to a house fire on Friday, Dec. 28, in Quinland near Uneeda.
The homeowner was home at the time of the fire, which started in a bedroom of the home, according to fire officials.
The homeowners name was not released.
The fire rekindled later that night and crews were called back to the home to battle the fire a second time.
It is believed the cause of the fire is electrical, but that has not been officially determined and the blaze remains under investigation, officials said.
No one was injured at the home, but one firefighter was sent to the hospital suffering from dehydration and having a heart attack after battling the blaze. His name was not released by fire officials. He has been released from the hospital and is recovering at home, officials added.
Fire crews from Madison, Danville and Van responded to the fire.
No other details have been released at this time.

Reach at or 304-369-1165.

Comments

comments powered by Disqus

Weather

Sponsored By:

Local Gas Prices

Lowest Gas Prices in Madison
Madison Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com

Featured Business