CHARLESTON — Juniors Jalynn Browning and Cody Nantz notched top spots on the podium with first-place finishes in the Kanawha Valley Track and Field Invitational last week for Scott High School.
Browning had a first-place finish in the 3200 for the girls and Nantz took top honors in the discus for the boys.
“This is a great group of athletes that are getting better each week,” said Coach Brent Kirk. “Jalynn is consistently in the top five in every 3200 race. Cody Nantz is in the top 5 in the discus each meet. Michael Clay is in the top 5 in shot put each meet. I’m proud of the team’s work and the progress they’ve made.”
Complete results for Scott High School
- Megan Epling — seventh in 100 meter, eighth in long jump
- Lilly Bias — eighth in the 800 meter
- Jalynn Browning — first 3200 meter
- Anna Burns — third shot put, third discus
- Leah Davis — fifth shot put second in discus
- Kara Fox — tenth in shot put, tenth in discus
- Cody Nantz — fourth in shot put, first in discus
- Michael Clay — second in shot put, seventh in discus