Send your Boone County-based events to Phil Perry at email@example.com.
- The Kevin's Lazy River Adventure 10.5 mile float on the Big Coal River begins at the John Slack Park at Racine and ends at Dartmont Park with a free picnic on July 27 from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. For more information, contact Mary Ann Browning at 304-837-3702 or Teresa Perdue at 304-836-5948.
- The Boone County Fair will run Aug. 1-3 at Lick Creek Park. Admission is free. See details and an entertainment schedule on the fair's Facebook page.
- The town of Whitesville will host its Summer Bash on Aug. 16 and 17. A cornhole tournament, car and ATV show, fireworks and performance from '80s rock tribute band Hair Supply are scheduled. Go to the town's Facebook page for more details.
- There will be a pro-life vigil held at the Boone County Courthouse on Aug. 15 from 6-7:30 p.m. and the public is welcomed to attend.
- Boone County Commission meets on the first Tuesday of each month at 1:30 p.m., the second Tuesday of each month at 3:30 p.m. and the last Tuesday of each month at 5 p.m. at the Boone County Courthouse Annex, third floor. Call 304-369-7303.
- The Boone County Public Service District meets once per month at the Danville Community Center Room 101 at 731 Hopkins Ave. Meeting dates are released monthly. Call 304-369-2622.
- Boone County Board of Education's meeting schedule can be found at boonecountyboe.org. The board meets at 6 p.m. at their chambers located in Foster at their operations complex.
- Danville Town Council meets at 7 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month at the Danville Community Center, 731 Hopkins Ave. Call 304-369-5428.
- Madison City Council meets at 7 p.m. on the first Monday of each month at the council's chambers located beside the Madison Civic Center at 261 Washington Ave. Call 304-369-2762.