BOONE COUNTY – Heavy rains on Sunday into Monday morning have left residents on high alert for flood waters across Boone County.
Boone County Emergency Management Director Michael Mayhorn said that some rescues have been completed around the county via fire agencies and that there are multiple areas reporting impassable roads and intersections coupled with mudslides and fallen trees.
“We have had some vehicles go under water and we’ve had to go and get some people out of them,” he said. “We had one at Greenview and other areas of the county. We’ve had some people stuck in their homes and our fire departments have handled those. We’re in the process of responding to a few on Park Avenue in Danville and Old River Road in Madison with several there as well.”
Mayhorn said heavily flooded areas include Greenview, Jeffrey (Happy Bottom area), Old River Road and in the West Madison area.
Homes along the Little Coal River off of Lick Creek Road in the area of Black Diamond Arbors saw evacuations overnight.
Anderson Lane in Maxine and the area surrounding Pineview Cemetery in Orgas reported flooding in the road but traffic was still passable at 5 a.m. on Monday.
Spruce River, Madison, Danville and Whitesville among other fire departments all responded to calls overnight.
Mayhorn said that drainage issues in Sylvester were reported and responded to by crews. A Mudslide near Benjamin Price Bridge at Route 85 and on Route 3 at the Short Creek intersection at Racine overnight but has since been cleared. A slide was also reported at Spring Hollow.
Mayhorn said that for anyone who is trapped or fears being trapped by floodwaters should call 911 and not hesitate.
“The sooner the better because it is best to arrive while it is still relatively dry,” he said. “Family members are also a great resource.”
The 911 director said that the Madison Civic Center is open as a shelter this morning and Whitesville Fire Chief and Town Councilman Matt Lively said that the Salami Community Building in Whitesville is a resource that could be used if the need arose on that end of the county.
Follow the Boone County Emergency Management Agency and the Coal Valley News for more updates.
- Daniel Boone Parkway at Rock Creek is closed – High Water
- Foster Hollow at the Tennis Courts is closed – High Water
- Mud River Rd – High Water
- Big Ugly Creek Rd near Benders – High Water
- Bentley Rd in Danville – High Water
- Frontage Rd in Danville – High Water
- Old River Rd in Madison – High Water
- Log Gap Rd – High Water
- Rockslide at Benjamin Price Bridge and Route 85
- Little Horse Creek Rd in Julian about ½ mile up – High Water
- Near Intersection of Rt 3 and Rt 94 – Rock Slide
- Rt 3 in Fosterville – High Water
- Ridgeview Nellis Rd in Ridgeview – High Water
- Six Mile Rd in Danville – High Water
- Lower River Rd in Greenview – High Water
- Hewett Creek Rd near old Jeffrey Spencer Grade School – Rock Slide
- Hewett Creek Rd at Meadow Fork Rd intersection – High Water
- Park Ave in Danville – High Water
- Rt 3 at Pineview Cemetery – High Water
- Rt 3 at Maxine – High Water
- Lick Creek Rd at Stollings Branch Rd – High Water
- Rt 17 at Greenview Curve – High Water