EVERETT EDWARD BROUGHTON, born September 9, 1933, went home to be with the Lord on May 7, 2020, at the age of eighty-six years, seven months and seven days. He was the son of the late Malin W. Broughton and Gertie Mae Broughton. He was also preceded in death by his daughter, Patty Gail Mallory; and six siblings, William Henry “Jr.” Broughton, Alice Ann Broughton, Millard Kimbel Broughton, Evelyn Elizabeth Bell, Della Mae Pridemore, and Anna Belle Silva. He is survived by the love of his life, Nancy Louise Browning Broughton; and two daughters, Donna Miller and Sandy Miller (Brian). He was the loving grandfather of six grandchildren, Rachel Alless (Doug), David “DJ” Mallory (Sandy), Ricky Miller II (Anna) Joseph Miller (Amy), Amanda McElveen (Donald), and Cassie Miller-Quintrell (Matthew). He was also the cherished great-grandfather of 15 great-grandchildren. He was an active member of the UMWA and attended Maple Hill Missionary Baptist Church and Morrisvale Missionary Baptist Church. He always put his wife and family first, plus loved being home and taking care of others more than himself. He enjoyed being in the woods, riding his motorcycle, and 4-wheeling with his family and friends. A private graveside service will be 2 p.m. Tuesday, May 12, at Orchard Hills Memorial Gardens, Yawkey, W.Va., with Pastor Randall Kinder officiating. Handley Funeral Home in Danville, W.Va., is assisting the family. You may express your condolences to the family at www.handleyfh.com.
- Virus-related hospitalizations remain high in West Virginia
- Manchin wants federal money to help broadband access, hospitals
- Schools plan to open next month, and West Virginia’s grandfamilies are at risk
- WVU football takes committee approach to coordinate defense
- Agreement reached to release NAS names in Purdue Pharma bankruptcy case
- Improvements at Scott High
- State sending support to Logan hospital
- AG releases southern WV remote office dates
- UPDATED: Boone Co. Prosecutor’s office to close on Friday amid COVID-19 concerns
- Man charged after allegedly threatening to burn mother’s house
- Madison investigation will reach back to 2012, causing delay
- Sebok sweeps NASA Grand Nationals
- Boone Northern Little League advances to state tourney
- Boone County Courthouse will adopt ‘appointment only’ status on Tuesday
- SWVCTC announces updated plans for fall semester
- County moves forward with efforts to construct updated towing policy
- T-Rex Science Center reopens in South Charleston
- Dwight Williamson: Logan County is rich with Native American history
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.