LEO SCOTT ARNOLD, 78, of St. Albans, W.Va., formerly from Foster, W.Va., died May 1, 2021 at Cabell Huntington Hospital. He graduated from Clear Fork High School (Raleigh County). He graduated from Warren Wilson College, N.C., and Berea College in Kentucky then went on to get two master's degrees from Marshall University. He taught for Boone County Schools for 46 years. He also helped bring Southern Community College to Boone County, which he was their first adjutant. He taught extension classes for WVU, Marshall and Concord colleges. He was a member of Bible Baptist Church of Danville, W.Va. He was preceded in death by his parents, William and Garnet Milam Arnold; sister, Eloise Arnold Browning; brothers: Ed, Roger, and Leon Arnold. Surviving is his wife, Joan Flowers Arnold; daughter, Lara Arnold Elkins (Tom) of St. Albans, W.Va.; son, Chris Arnold (Rebecca) of Ashford, W.Va.; four wonderful grandsons he adored with all his heart: Tyler Elkins, Corey Arnold, Brandon Elkins and Caleb Arnold; lots of nieces and nephews; like a granddaughter, Sara Chambers; and many special friends. Pallbearers will be Tyler Elkins, Corey Arnold, Brandon Elkins and Caleb Arnold. Services will be Tuesday, May 4, 2021 at 2 p.m., with viewing two hours prior with the Rev. Dan Gates and Pastor Rick Peters officiating at Handley Funeral Home, Danville, W.Va. Burial will be at Pineview Cemetery, Orgas, W.Va. Due to COVID-19 pandemic, CDC guidelines will be observed, with mask and social distancing encouraged. You may express your condolences to the family at www.handleyfh.com.
Thank you for Reading.
As a community service, our obituaries are always free to view. In order to better know our audience, we ask that you register to continuing viewing.
- Health system taking COVID-19 vaccine to coal miners
- W.Va. public schools seek to recover costs created by opioid crisis
- This week in West Virginia history
- Editorial: Infrastructure needs go beyond Biden plan
- Jim Ross: Let words mean what they are supposed to mean
- Dwight Williamson: Logan County can become 'great' again
- P-EBT extended to West Virginia children 6 and under
- Third allotment of ESSERF funding coming to Boone Co. Schools
- Traffic stop leads to drug charges for Kentucky woman
- Locally produced docuseries about West Virginia history set to air May 15
- Human remains recovered in Bricktown area of Nellis
- Former Whitesville pharmacy to pay civil monetary penalties
- NORMA R. WASSON
- DOUGLAS RAY COOK
- JIMMY LEE ROBINETTE
- WILSON ROY CRADDOCK JR.
- Taser deployed on man after alleged noncompliance
- As W.Va. drug overdose deaths increase, Huntington, Cabell County first in country to face distributors in courtroom
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.