On October 27, 2020 OMA L. MCNEELY gained her wings and the angels sang, while we wept. She leaves behind her loving husband of 28 years, Oley McNeely; brother, Bill and Linda Persinger; children, Angela and Ike Gillenwater, Robin Gabbert, Doug Gabbert, Jimmy and Ashley McNeely, and Stacy and Archie Griffith; grandchildren, Mary and Michael Allred, Frank and Kayla Hensley, Ryan Belcher, Lexie McNeely, Dougie Gabbert, Seth Antill, Alyssa Dunlap, Kylie Layne, and Bryson McNeely; great-grandchildren, Aubrey Hensley, Malcolm Allred, Michael Allred, Abigail Hensley and Ace Hensley. She was preceded in death by her husbands, Roger Gabbert and James Peters; her parents, Tiny and Buster Persinger; brother, Jimmy Persinger; sister-in-law, Sharron Gabbert; and brother-in-law, Sam Gabbert. She was a member of Hopewell Baptist Church, former member of the Barrett Church of the Nazarene. She worked as a housekeeper for 17 years. She was a graduate of Man High School. She had a multitude of friends that she considered family. There was not a room her smile didn’t light up. She knew no strangers. She was very generous and giving. She loved to sing and to praise God, shop for tops, dance like no one was looking, and flowers. A special thank you to Faye Lynn Cregger, Robin Davis and Scott Seagle. Thank you for the wonderful care Trina Kish, FNP, and Dr. Linda Kissinger. Please become an organ donor and save multiple lives. Funeral service will be 2 p.m. Sunday, November 1, 2020, Hopewell Baptist Church, Broundland Rd., South Charleston, W.Va., with Chris Vannatter and Dwight McClure officiating. Burial will follow in Boone Memorial Park, Madison, W.Va. Friends may call from noon to service time at the church. Handley Funeral Home, Danville, W.Va., is assisting the McNeely family. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, CDC guidelines will be observed, with mask and social distancing encouraged.
- Kroger workers approve new contract
- Finishing halves strong has keyed Herd success
- Improvement in WVU's running game is evident
- Renewables, GOP supermajority loom large over energy and environmental groups’ 2021 state legislative priorities
- WV college Promise Scholarship applications have plummeted. You can still apply.
- Officials warn the worst of COVID-19 spike isn’t over in W.Va.
- Boone Co. Courthouse to operate on “appointment only” status
- ‘Jellybean Gang’ tackles community projects
- Memorial bridge in Madison set to be replaced in 2021
- Miner dead in Kanawha County
- Hobet: I'll believe it when I see it
- After six years, hunter gets long-sought 'unicorn' buck
- Danville man charged with sexual assault in Kanawha Co.
- Man arrested, charged after juveniles shot while riding ATVs
- Godby signs with West Liberty
- As COVID-19 vaccine nears, West Virginia doctors do their part
- Boone Co. moves to ‘orange’ status on latest school map
- Danville man charged with brandishing weapon
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.